27 Random Things About Me
One of my favourite bloggers, B, posted 20 random things about herself last week. Then I noticed a bunch of other personal finance bloggers had done the same thing! With Saturday being my 27th birthday, I’m hoping you won’t mind if I follow suit and write something similar about myself here.
- My first name is Leigh. (Remember when I was LC? Yea.)
- I have 5 tattoos.
- Some days I hate my tattoos; other days I look at them and just remember exactly who I was in the moment I got each one.
- I love mermaids; so much so that I’ve always wanted to get a tattoo of one. I haven’t, but I do think about it from time-to-time.
- I have a slight obsession with penguins. I wouldn’t get a tattoo of one, but I’m not ashamed to say they sit on many of my bookshelves.
- I cannot wait to adopt a dog of my own. One day, when it’s in the budget…
- I love watching Say Yes to the Dress, Four Weddings, etc. but I don’t ever plan on having a big wedding.
- That doesn’t mean I’m not a total hopeless romantic. I fall in love with people and things almost everyday, I swear.
- I want to have two kids. One day.
- I want to teach my kids about earning allowances and practicing savings, starting at a very young age.
- In high school, I wanted to become an accountant.
- In college, I failed my first finance course. (Go figure!)
- In all of my jobs, every one of my managers has been a woman.
- My career goal is simple: to make a difference and to inspire others.
- I’m nervous about finishing school, because I don’t know what I want to do with all of my spare time.
- I write my best stuff after 10pm.
- I prefer writing lists down on paper over using apps on my iPhone.
- I wish I drove a truck. Sure, cars are better on gas, but I’d rather be in a truck.
- I was rear-ended twice in 2005. And only 11 days apart. That sucked.
- Switching to a vegetarian diet cured my four-year long problem with severe anemia. No joke.
- Sometimes I miss eating steak. There, I said it.
- I used to be terribly arachnophobic. While I don’t particularly love spiders now, I’m not as scared of them as I once was.
- Turning 27 scares me. I feel like I should be at a much different place in life, than I currently am.
- I don’t regret most of my debt, because of what the lessons/this blog have brought me.
- I do hate that being in debt is holding me back from saving for my future.
- I think I just changed my next financial goal: I want to pay off the rest of my outstanding debt, before saving for a down payment. And I want to pay it off fast.
- I think it’s time to start a new debt repayment plan. After I celebrate my birthday
I hope everyone has a great weekend!